Saturday, 25 January 2014

SAWBONNA and DELIGHT

That life is infused with unexpected gifts is a hard notion with which to argue. Since Friday I have been studying for The Law School Admission Test. My head has been in a whirl. Content that feels to me to have nothing to do with law and justice has been read, reread, fought with. I have thought that I am the most ill-educated soul there is. I have shed tears of sheer frustration. I have woken in the wee hours of the morning attempting to wrap my head around: reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning. Today about two hours into my eight hour day, I asked myself what exactly I was doing there. The sunshine I could see from the classroom window called out to me. How I wanted to answer. Then came lunch, and the most wonderful conversation with one of my classmates: the unexpected gift. After speaking with Catherine I was reminded of one of the reasons I have chosen to study for the LSAT.  I love adventure. I love meeting people I have never met before.  I love the unknown and what surprises it holds. I do not know if I will pass the LSAT, even as I would like to. What I do know is that my journey with justice as a lived-experience is one in which connecting with strangers who become friends, colleagues, mentors, teachers, is a gift which I cherish. Sawbonna is seeing and being seen. Sawbonna is delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment