Saturday, 7 June 2014

SAWBONNA: SCHEDULING HOPE.

This week I will be in Ottawa. My schedule is hope. I will be giving three talks and one expressive writing workshop. Each is contoured in Sawbonna's voicing of justice as a lived and a living experience. Not too long ago, I was asked just how many times I would share Sawbonna, I would tell my story, I would talk about "it," before I got bored and boring. At the time I was asked that, I was catapulted into defensiveness, filled with raw-anguish, anger, shame. That potent voicing-out of those questions stays with me and continues to teach me. It does so in the way that depression is a teacher. By feeling our deepest pain, shame, fear, anguish, and ennui, and by dialoguing with them via our own re-languaging, we can often find and create fiercely potent, enriching, and vital new ways of seeing and being in the world. My journey this week will be one that continues to invite respect, responsibility, relationship, and wonder. It is a journey where hope is the essence of the scheduling. Not hope for the sake of hope. Not hope wherein anger, angst, pain, fear, and lack of agreement will not surface. It is a hope wherein engagement in conversations will occur; wherein emotions will be touched, triggered, tantalized, teased out, all in spaces of relating, spaces of relational hearing, seeing, being heard, being seen. This past week in Moncton, New Brunswick, lives have been shattered and destroyed. Because we are always in relation to and in relation with, we will accompany and be accompanied, even if by simple "prayers" and lighting of candles and words to a page. Venting. Venting. Venting. Voicing. That we create the spaces to listen to each other's needs, is scheduling hope, is Sawbonna. Tell me what you need, is scheduling hope. Is Sawbonna.

CBC New Brunswick, Moncton: Sawbonna/Restorative Justice, L'heure de pointe
At "access a tous les sujets" choose: 17 h 13

CBC Nova Scotia, Halifax: Sawbonna and Poetry and Restorative Justice

http://www.cbc.ca/informationmorningns/2014/05/30/writer-inspired-by-relationship-with-her-fathers-killer/

CBC Ontario, Ottawa: Sawbonna: On Meeting the Man Who Murdered Her Dad and How Writing Played a Rolehttp://www.cbc.ca/ottawamorning/2013/07/17/margot-vansluytman-on-forgiving-her-fathers-killer/


Master's Thesis: Sawbonna: Justice as Lived Experiencehttp://dtpr.lib.athabascau.ca/action/viewdtrdesc.php?cpk=308&id=48984

No comments:

Post a Comment