Sunday, 10 August 2014

SAWBONNA AND THE DANCE OF THE DISSIDENT DAUGHTER

"When you can't go forward and you can't go backward and you can't stay where you are without killing off what is deep and vital in yourself, you are on the edge of creation."  The Dance of the Dissident Daughter, Sue Monk Kidd

This is Sawbonna. No standing still where I am without killing off what is deep in me. No going backward. No going forward, yet. And the day dawns with a super moon speaking rich and vital and kind complexities. Speaking complicities about how the ocean whispers that it is time of ebbing and flowing wherein trust and sustained tenacity are as yet companions in a journey that will not be trounced. Being on the edge of creating is a place of familiarity. Days and nights of longing, losing, finding, floundering, flourishing, forgetting to invite fear to take up permanent residence in our souls, is the dance which fancies us pressing on. Pressing in. Held close to our hearts, nourished in our souls, ignited in our minds, a knowing that the only way to know if our wings work is to invent them into the very air of our lift-off. At one of my book launches for, Sawbonna: I See You, A Real Life Restorative Justice Story, John Griffith, colleague and inspired founder of, Spiritual Directions, Calgary, Alberta, asked if I had now found my calling, and if that calling was restorative justice. I smiled at John, thanking him for his wisdom. "No," I said. He knew, as did I, that Sawbonna is a dance. A co-creative dance of dissidence, whereby word-ing out meaning, daily, answering only to liminality, and tenaciously walking upon, with, and because of the very roots of being connected with an ever-unfolding story, means that no crucible is a permanent home. The edge of creation, co-creation, with word, with want, with willingness, is an invitation to give one answer to life. One answer alone. "I am here. I see you. Let us dance." Co-ceatively. This is Sawbonna.

No comments:

Post a Comment